50 Ways To Reduce Stress
by Marcel LeJeune | Source: http://marysaggies.blogspot.mx
I don't stress out much, even though my
personality can be pretty high-strung. I do it by applying these strategies to my
50 Ways To Reduce Stress
prayer (meditation) every day. I pray the rosary every day.
- Pray with Scripture daily.
- Frequent The Sacraments - Mass as often as possible + monthly
- Quickly forgive others when they
- Forgive yourself when you mess
- Go on a retreat.
- Take several days off of work / your normal
- Socialize with friends more often.
Schedule if necessary.
- Go on dates with your
- Pray with your
- Eat dinner with your
- Learn to not worry about things you
- Don't work to please other
people. Please God.
- Remember that you are
wonderful and lovable, even if imperfect.
- Smile more.
- Do nice things for
other people, just because.
- Spend time playing
with your kids.
- Spend less time around
- Have difficult conversations,
in a loving way. Don't avoid them.
- Work on
your character flaws and poor communication skills.
- Ask for help more often.
- Be content
with what your possessions.
- Sleep more.
- Talk to a spiritual director regularly.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Be OK
with not controlling others.
- Reduce your to-do
list by distinguishing 'must' and 'should'.
- Spend time with a pet.
- Read more
- Listen to more good
- Turn off the TV and do #32 and
- Spend time doing something you like to
- Volunteer to help
- Eat healthier.
- Stop an unhealthy habit (overeating, smoking, drinking too much,
- Temper the tone in your voice and the
words you use when frustrated.
- Realize what
upsets you and create a plan on how to deal with it in the future.
- Don't get upset in traffic or with other drivers. Slow down.
- Say "no" more often if you are
- Don't lash out at
- Spend time improving yourself.
This isn't greedy, it helps everyone around.
- Question worrisome thoughts. Are they rational / probably / helpful?
- Focus on the present. Not the past or future.
- Keep a journal or diary as an outlet of your
- Say more positive things. I love you,
you are wonderful, thanks, etc.
- Stop wasting
time reading blog posts, Facebook, etc.
for an increase of faith and hope. Expect God will answer your prayer.
What else can you add to the list? Let me know in the
To read more from MarcelLeJeune go to: Aggie Catholics
Join the new media evangelization. Your tax-deductible gift allows Catholic.net to build a culture of life in our nation and throughout the world. Please help us promote the Church's new evangelization by donating to Catholic.net right now. God bless you for your generosity.
||Published by: I have no doubt,but hope that I will overcome my stress.
|Date: 2012-08-05 11:23:05
|Never will I disbelive God